Sunday, November 15, 2009

Switchfoot



So I did two things yesterday afternoon. 1. I had lunch with a friend of mine, and 2. I went to look around at the christian bookstore. At lunch my friend and talked a lot about church, and youth group and stuff. One of the things that came up was how churches deal with conflict and how sometimes little things cause big problems in churches. This seems strange to me because as christians we have a lot of scripture telling us to avoid those types of things and when we can't to deal with them in love.

Then I went to Bell Tower and was looking through the music section. There are a number of new CD's out right now. Kutless has a great new worship album out, KJ-52 has a new album out, The Almost has a new disc out with a new full band, this is probably my favorite from the listening I did. Flyleaf also has a new disc out, and Switchfoot's new disc Hello Hurricane is also out.

Anyway by now you are probably asking yourself why I am telling you all this. Here is why. I know that most of you are Switchfoot fans, and because of my recent thinking about the importance of love in the church I decided to make a little challenge for you. So, the first person to memorize 1 Corinthians 13 is going to get the new Switchfoot CD. We also handed out the memory work sheet last week so you will also get the points for it, 26 if I remember correctly. If you are reading this then you have a head start, I will make sure everyone knows on Tuesday. See you then.

1 comment:

The Captain said...

man that is well worth it! the new switchfoot is quite possibly their best yet! its so good!

-bent ;)